Sunday, November 25, 2012

Time Flies....

Hello Blogland!

I can't believe that I will be making my first trip to India this Saturday; time sure flies.  So far, everything is going well with my egg donor.  All of her tests looked good and SCI started her on the stimulation.  Also, I decided to leave the decision of who will be my surrogate mother up to Dr. Shivani.  I figure she will know best who is most medically fit to carry my future baby and I trust her decision. Did you all meet your surrogate? How was the experience?

Ugh, I hate packing but I really need to begin thinking about what I need to take with me:
- Passport
-Visa (yes, I stopped procrastinating and got my Visa.  It was actually a pretty simple process and my got the visa in a week).
-Clothes, shoes, etc (the norm that you take when traveling BTW, the weather in India will be wonderful!).
-Ipad (maybe I'll subscribe to netflix for the long plane ride). Any other tips on making it through that long flight will be much appreciated. 
- Money (how much should I take? Should I exchange it here in the States or wait until I get to India?)


If anyone has any advice or suggestions for things to do, please let me know.  I want to take in all that India has to offer.   Will anyone else be there while I'm there? I'd love to grab a cocktail.  I land in India December 2nd and depart December 8th.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and a good Thanksgiving (for those in the States). TTYL



6 comments:

  1. Have a great trip! You're in for quite an experience. We met our surrogate back in April. It was an interesting experience - she spoke no English and of course we don't speak Hindi. She was very shy so the meeting was a little awkward and brief but I'm certainly glad we met her. Definitely don't change money in the U.S. - wait until you get over there. One of the best things we did in Delhi was a food tour in Chandni Chowk (Old Delhi) - we never would have seen the sights or eaten the food if we hadn't been on this tour. Check it out - www.delhifoodadventure.com Too bad we'll miss you. We're arriving on Dec 13th. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am looking forward to the experience. I'm on the fence about meeting the surrogate. I have no idea what I'm going to decide to do. I think the food tour is an excellent idea; that's the exact type of thing i'm looking to do while there. Too bad we are just missing each other!

      Delete
  2. I also met my initial surrogate - brief visit to thank her and see if she had any questions for me. I just made sure I had a bulkhead seat on the long legs of my flights so I could put them up against the wall - made it easier to sleep for me. I took some money but also exchanged some there - how much depends on your shopping habits :) Check out the local malls specifically the baby stores to see what they have and don't so you'll know what to bring for baby pick-up. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are bulkhead seats? I've never heard of them. I don't have the best shopping habits...I can go wild sometimes lol. Checking out the local malls is a good idea, espcially to see what they have and don't have. Thanks for that tip... that's going on my things to do list.

      Delete
  3. Best of luck. These long international flights have really great movie selections. They provide earphones, but if you want something of better quality best to bring your own. Dr. Shivani picked our surrogate and we were fortunate to get pregnant on the first try. As far as meeting our surrogate: I was really nervous, and they seemed a little shy. Still it was a beautiful opportunity to be able to thank them in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping your good fortune rubs off on me. I'm nervous about meeting the surrogate although I'm not quite sure why. I think i'm wondering what type of questions she may ask me. LOL.

      Delete