Saturday, June 29, 2013

Almost There

I am getting so very excited now.  I received the updated scan from SCI today. 

If you noticed from my last scan, Twin I was cephalic (head down yay) and Twin II was breached.  Twin II has also flipped upside down so both are cephalic.  Dr. Jolly did see a single circumnuchal loop of the cord - meaning that the umbilical cord was wrapped around the baby once.  This can easily resolve itself; if not, SCI will need to do a C-Section.  With that in mind, if the loop does resolve itself, I wonder if my surrogate has to have a C-Section anyway since she has the cerclage or whether vaginal birth is still possible.

I am also happy because the babies are getting nice and fat.  My surrogate is currently 31 weeks.  Twin I is measuring at 32w4d and weighs 1894grms (4.17lbs). Twin II is measuring at 32w5d and weights 1923grms (4.23lbs).  The last scan Twin I weighed 1204grms (2.65lbs) and Twin II weighed 1272grms (2.80lbs) so they both picked up some weight in the last month which is good. I'm sure my surrogate cannot wait to have these big babies lol.  Seems like both surrogate and twins are doing great.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they stay put until week 37 (full term for twins).  Week 37 will begin on August 7th.  I'm hoping they come on that day.  I cannot believe how fast time is flying.  I wish I knew the gender.  Does anyone have any predictions??  Everyone here believes they are two girls.  I believe they will both be the same gender - I have a feeling they are two girls too.  We shall see :-)  I'm attaching the scan and report below.  I hope everyone has a great weekend.


Sunday, June 23, 2013


So this weekend has been a great weekend.  On Friday, I had a baby shower and it was great.  Many friends came to celebrate the soon arrival of my little ones.  I will have another shower with family when I return from India because they want to be able to buy gender-specific items.  My baby shower lasted from about 10PM  to 4am.  As you know from my earlier post, I wanted the shower to be a party. 

Saturday morning I woke up to a wonderful and surprising email from SCI.  My surrogate was being discharged from the hospital.   I had expected that she would be there until 32 weeks.  She will still be on strict bed rest in surrogate housing and the OB will be monitoring her there.  I am cautiously celebrating this moment.  I am praying that she makes it to at least 35 weeks.  Preferably, they stay in there until 37 weeks; she will be 31 weeks this Wednesday. 

I just wanted to give this quick update.  I hope everyone is having a great weekend. 

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Sometimes you need to vent

This is a time where I should be filled with excitement.  My baby shower is on June 21st.  My surrogate is 29 weeks and is doing well. My twins are doing well.  They receive CTG scans daily and everything is looking good.  The Cerclage seems to be working and I should be super excited.  My surrogate is still in the hospital and has been there since 23 weeks.  She is expected to be discharged at 32 weeks.  I am extremely grateful for the care that SCI is giving my surrogate and the twins.  Without that care, she would have almost certainty went into pre-term labor.  I cannot thank Dr. Shivani and SCI enough for the care that they are providing my surrogate.

So while I should be excited, I have so much emotional and financial stress that I have no room for the excitement that I should be feeling at this time.  You see, I transferred all payments with a little extra in advance to SCI.  I did this back in the fall/winter.  My intent was to make sure all funds were already with SCI to make sure that if any payments were needed, it was already there at their convenience.  I paid for Stage 1,2 and 3 in advance with a little extra "just in cases".  Never in a million years would I expect that after 2 hospital visits for Hypermesis Gravidarum and this most recent on going hospital visit (from 23 weeks until now which is expect to last until 32 weeks), that my funds would be completely depleted.  I can't believe that with these hospital stays, I now find myself struggling to come up with about 15k to cover stage 3 again, the recent hospital stay, and expected hospital costs once the twins come and I'm not sure it is possible.  I acknowledge that I don't believe anyone could have predicted this to happen and it seems to be rare; however, I am still emotionally and financially spent. I now find my self reaching out to anyone for help.  If anyone has any advice for me, I would really appreciate it.  If you'd like, you can email me at



Saturday, June 1, 2013

Small Sigh of Relief

HI all:

I am breathing a small sigh of relief.  Today, my friend booked his flight to meet me in India to help with baby pick up.  With this long and stressful hospital stay, I feel like I need to celebrate every small accomplishment.  One such accomplishment is having the flight just how I imagined it.  I believe we will have a smooth flight go to, and coming from Delhi.  So as I mentioned yesterday, I depart Newark on August 4th for my direct flight to New Delhi (14.25hrs).  My good friend will meet me there on August 16th flying the same flight.  We both are on the same returning flight leaving Delhi on Aug 23rd for our direct flight to Newark.  What's even better is that we went ahead and reserved the seats that accompany the bassinets. Although they were an extra $179, those seats are guaranteed.  I can't actually request the bassinets until the twins are actually born; however, now that we reserved those specific seats and paid for them, those seats are guaranteed (I called and confirmed with United).  If we waited until the twins were born to requests those seats, those seats could be already taken and not reserved.  So, I feel like we will have (dare I say) smooth returning flight with the twins.  I just wanted to add this tidbit today.  I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend.  Talk to you soon.