Thursday, May 30, 2013

Update


Hey everyone:

 

This month has been riddled with so many emotions; I guess that’s to be expected going through this journey. Unfortunately, my surrogate is still in the hospital and I think about her and the twins every day. She has been in the hospital for quite some time.  On the positive side, I am pleased to say it looks like the cerclage is still working.  There hasn’t been any issues with my surrogate and twins and the bottom line is that we want everyone to make it through this journey safe, well taken care of, and healthy.   I am thankful that SCI is taking great care of my surrogate and seeing to it that she receives the utmost care.  I can’t ask for more.

 

I can’t wait for my surrogate’s next scan.  She will have her scan with Dr. Jolly on June 1st so I should have new sonogram images for you soon. 

 

I’m happy to say that I’ve hit a couple of milestones this month which feels great.  Currently, my surrogate is 27 weeks.  This means the twins have reached viability which is great.  In addition, we are entering the 3rd trimester which is also good news.  They expect that my surrogate will be discharged around 28 weeks which begins on Wednesday.  I am hoping that she makes it to 37 weeks.

 

My good friend told me she was unable to accompany me to India to help with baby pick up due to the federal government furloughs that took place; I completely understand how that feels.  Thankfully, another good friend will be able to meet me there and fly with me and babies. 

 

Lastly I booked my airline ticket today YAY!!!!!!!  I am flying United airlines out of Newark, NJ.  Those of you who keep up with my blog know that this is the airline I’ve been looking into. The main reason why I’m flying this airline is because they have a direct flight from Newark to New Delhi.  I do not want to deal with lay overs flying back with twins.   So, I fly out August 4th (Sunday) from Newark for a 14 hour flight directly to New Delhi.  I will return August 23rd (Friday) for 14hr flight directly back to Newark.  I will have someone pick us up from Newark’s airport and drive us to DC.  I’d much rather do a 3hr drive then deal with layovers overseas.  I am excited that I am one step closer to bringing home babies.  I can’t believe this is happening. 

 

I hope everyone is doing well and we will chat soon. 

 

Fred

 

3 comments:

  1. I am glad the twins are doing well, and the Cerclage is working. Congratulations on viability!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 3rd trimester, and glad to hear surro and babies are OK. Hold tight little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on the third trimester! so pleased your surro is doing well and will be out of hospital soon!

    ReplyDelete